Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Passing on Opportunity

The title of this post may sound like I'm passing up an opportunity that was a good fit, but I'm not.  During the meeting I had Monday afternoon for something that I'd really like to do, I discovered that it wasn't for me.  The schedule would be more than I could keep up with at this point in my life.  It also required a degree which I don't have, and the job pays a lot less than I make now, the difference being more than we could absorb. 
When I went into the meeting, I was at peace with what God had for my life.  I'm trusting that He has the right person for the job and that He will bring something else my way to satisfy my desire to "make a difference."  So I'm continuing the countdown to retirement even as I keep my heart open for God's will for my life and any new direction He brings my way.  Several volunteering possibilities have my interest, and I'm going to check those out.
Remembering that Grandma Moses, the artist, didn't start painting until she was into her 70's (I think), I trust that God knows what He's doing in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment