Monday, April 1, 2013

Change of Direction

When I started this blog several years ago, I primarily sought to blog about my writing.  As time passed, I found myself writing about a variety of issues and subjects which have elicited few responses or comments from my readers, which are - literally - all over the world.  I'm amazed when I check the statistics for this blog and often wonder how anyone finds it in all the millions of connections on the internet!  But I'd like to change the fact that I've had very little feedback and interaction with my readers, so I'm going to start asking questions, and I hope you find my questions interesting or compelling enough that you will respond. 
I've been reading about happiness lately, a much lighter read than Deitrich Bonhoeffer, so I'm going to throw out these questions:  What makes you happy?  What gives you the most satisfaction in life?  Is it relationships, material possessions, your job, where you live, your faith, or something else? 
If you're not happy, why not? 
I'd love to hear from you!  I'm very interested to hear if happiness is based on the same criteria from country to country.  I'll post your comment/response on my blog unless you don't want it there; simply say so, and it won't be posted.
I'm still not recovered from my sinus infection, even though I've been taking the antibiotic for 6 days now.  My head hurts by mid-day, I have absolutely no energy, and I constantly want to sleep, which is impossible since I'm at work during the day!  I can't remember the last time I was this sick and truly pray that I'll turn the corner soon.
Easter Sunday was powerful and moving at church as we celebrated Christ's resurrection!  I'm not sure if Christmas or Easter is my favorite holiday because they are inseparable.  After church we went to my daughter's house and had a wonderful dinner and watched the grandsons hunt for plastic eggs filled with candy in the yard.  Love surrounds people on Easter, both from heaven (God to us through Christ) and on earth (through our families).  God is simly love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment