Monday, January 16, 2012

Done!

After very long hours of editing, "Amanda's Hope" is done! 
I'd submitted this to my publisher, WestBow Press, and had received the editor's suggestions about 8 days ago.  I took Friday off last week to work on the manuscript, thinking I could wrap things up today without working on Saturday and Sunday.  Such wasn't the case.  I worked 7.5 hours on Friday, editing about 60 pages when my goal was 100.  So I worked about 5 hours on Saturday and 2 hours yesterday, when I had a computer scare.  When I turned on my laptop, the screen was blue with an error message.  It told me to turn off the computer and try again, but it wouldn't shut down.  Something inside it was running continuously and overheating, sending out an odor that made me put it outside, where the temperature was about 43 degrees, to stay cool.  We called my son-in-law whol told me I had to hold the power key for about 10 seconds to shut it off, and that worked.  When I rebooted, everything was fine, but that was a scare. 
I saved the edits on a thumb drive and worked in it from that point on.  Today I worked for about 8 hours and finally completed the edits.  I'm pleased that the book is now a lot better and will read better. 
I'll e-mail the document to WestBow Press tomorrow evening; I'm too tired to do it tonight. 
The book should be completed within 4 weeks!  I'm excited about the fact that it will be marketed nationally, as well as available in hard cover, soft cover, and e-book.  I'm just happy to be done with it.  I've done nothing but stare at a computer screen for days!
By the way, the cat that comes to visit got shut in our garage today.  My husband had come home for lunch and had gone back out to work.  About an hour later, I heard a cat howling, but my 2 cats were in the house, Delilah on a kitchen chair and Samson on the rocker in the living room.  After following the howl, I discovered the cat in our garage.  He was very glad to see me and the open door!

No comments:

Post a Comment